Friday, January 23, 2009

My First "Your Story" book

For Christmas this year, Richard Claus got me the new Your Story Book Binder & Laminating machine. Yesterday afternoon I finally got a chance to get it out and do a book for Christmas 2008.
I love it! The pages remind me of a childrens story book. The pages are not blinged up enough for me, but I am going to fix that later. The only thing I did not like is that since the kits come with 8X8 premade layouts there are spaces for your personal pictures. That is fine, except that some of the white spaces are not measured correctly and so after you attach your picture, you can see some of the white spaces. Since this was my first one, I will no better next time and may make some mats to go behind my pictures or something. However, you are not limited to their kits, you can make your own pages using your own scrap supplies.
Anyway, here are some pages from mine. Hope you enjoy looking at it. I am going to add some journaling later on this afternoon.

Here is the cover. I wanted it kept simple so I just used some of the "My Stick-ease" from CTMH. The kits do come with stickers but I did not like them.


First page



Close up so you could see what I mean about the spaces for photos being to big.


My sister and I and my nephew's little girl


My family and I


My Mother the reindeer.. Isn't she cute? The other side is Kadence and Brittany with Santa and me singing with the choir at our church's Cantata.


Finally, My cousin & his family and Kadence.


Hope this post helps you decide if you just have to have a "Your Story" machine.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Ok now that is really cool, too! I want a Richard Claus, lol. He's so nice to you!!!! Where did he get those nice gifts and are they very expensive?

January 24, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home