Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back Home

We got back late yesterday from our trip to Dresden, Ohio. We had such a great time!
Here are some pics:

Our first stop was the Longaberger Home Office and what an incredible site! It is 160 times larger than the Medium Market Basket and just the handles weigh 150 tons!
The building has 180,000 square feet! You can go in and tour lobby and take pictures.

We then drove a few miles down the road to the town of Dresden, which is a shoppers heaven! There were a lot of stores to buy baskets and accessories but also a lot of other little shops to buy everything else. What was the first store we went in?

Of course scrapbooking! Here is the worlds largest basket.

The next day, we headed over to Frazeysburg to tour the Longaberger factory, where I made my own basket! What a job! It took me over an hour.

Of course, I had no problem whatsoever picking out the color of wood I wanted in my basket!

Working hard, making progress!

My masterpiece is complete!

Next, we moved on to the Homestead. Our lunch came packed in a cute, cute, cute americana basket, and we ate in the Crawford barn.

Here we are in front of The World's Largest Apple Basket.

After our visit, I had rekindled my love for Longaberger and so I had no other choice but to sign up to be a consultant! I was able to pick up my kit onsite and it was loaded with goodys.
Well that is it for today. I have to get busy on tomorrows workshop!
Have a wonderful day.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

That picture of you in the basket reminded me of little Megan in the pumpkin! lol

July 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Pamela OConnor said...

I love Longaberger! I'd love to visit there someday. Great pictures. Thanks for commenting on my team blog so I could find your blog. :O)

Sweet blessings! Pamela

July 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home